POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [wip] Matrix Animation - 1 attachment : Re: [wip] Matrix Animation - 1 attachment Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [wip] Matrix Animation - 1 attachment
From: Chris Amshey
Date: 27 Aug 2003 19:40:01
Message: <web.3f4d4113e4116ae61b99e900@news.povray.org>
Kevin Loney wrote:
>it looks good, however in the matrix the characters were japanese (or a very
>similar language) iirc
<clip>

They were mirror-image katakana, which is one of the japanese phonetic
syllabaries, mostly; I believe some scenes used digits, sometimes binary,
sometimes decimal, both with and without the 'matrix' characters also
included -
I could be wrong about the combinations, but there was definitely one scene
with
digits because we fly 'through' the zero, and the 'matrix' characters are
definitely mirror-image katakana, and there are almost certainly people out
there obssesive enough to have listed all the glowing-green-characters
scenes and
which characters are used and what font they're from, but that wouldn't be
me.
(I only know about the katakana because I can read and speak some small
amount
of japanese...)

--Chris