POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Request : Re: Request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:32:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request
From: tommy
Date: 27 Aug 2003 02:05:03
Message: <web.3f4c49ad57b45b5aa472d3920@news.povray.org>
>I don't mean to encourage people to put only
>thumbnails here and the real images on their own server or webpage, because
>here the images will last! It's also annoying to visit webforums where
>images have already been taken offline by the people who posted a temporary
>link to them.
>Hugo

Yeah, this is a problem that some users like me have...  I can't use the
news server and cant' use OE or Netscape mail (because of firewall and
proxy connection).  Therefore, I am obliged to put temporary pic in my
webserver, and I agree with you, it is annoying to follow a 404 URL Error
link.  I would prefer to have the possbility to add pictures through the
webpage (may be with a size limitation of 200 Kb max).
Any idea of when we will have the chance to add pic through the website ?
And may be update this sentence : "Attachments: Currently you cannot post
attachments using the web view.  You can always post a message with an
attachment using the regular news server!"

Cheers, Tommy
The 1st African citizen POV member !
http://www.webkenya.com/
Promote Web Development in Africa