POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : XiloHertz : Re: Image Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image
From: tommy
Date: 21 Aug 2003 02:20:01
Message: <web.3f446377ebc7f0eda472d3920@news.povray.org>
Hi Xilo,

>Xilo Musimene wrote:
>>   this is going to be the logo for my website.  I will make the golden
>> wires have a nicier pattern (instead of straight lines).

Don't add to much pattern to the golden wires as a logo must be net and the
group of yellow vertical stripes is the most dynamic element of your logo.
So try to keep them gold (may be a bit more shiny).
Also, try to add some brilliance and some glow to the textured black cube as
it you a bit dull (specially in the corner appearing in front).
Last remark, try to do something more simple and net.  I like the side of
the cube but not the top.

Advice for a logo : First, render the scene with a transparent background so
that you can an idea of the logo itself (without 3D environment) and make
pictures of different size (as a logo can you look great in large size and
ugly in a small size) and create a small HTML page with all your pictures
(in table with different background color for example) and see how its
look.

Cheers,

Tommy
The 1st African citizen POV member !