POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG motorbike : Re: CSG motorbike Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG motorbike
From: gonzo
Date: 1 Aug 2003 15:15:06
Message: <web.3f2abb202214d538a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

>Well this is my first serious attempt at modelling a complex object from
>CSG, and it was a lot easier than I expected.

Heh heh, disgusting, isn't it?  When I first started using POV I expected to
be doing most of my modeling in Hamapatch. Now I find myself using a
modeller less & less because POV does so well.  The two things I used the
most in Hamapatch were lathe & extrusion, & POV has it's own lathe that
works great, & prisms can do a lot of what extrude does, so Hamapatch now
gets in the way!

Plus POV has sphere_sweeps, which are incredibly versatile, and the ability
to use all the above plus loops within CSG, which lets me build things that
are far more complex than anything I'd like to attempt in Hamapatch.

About the only time I use a modeller now is to tweak things like Poser
figures that are simply beyond my modeling abilities, and for that I've
started using Wings3d more than Hamapatch.

Thanks to the POV team for such a great tool!

RG