POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YAMFT : Re: YAMFT Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YAMFT
From: Kitsune e
Date: 29 Jul 2003 23:00:02
Message: <web.3f2730188dd5ddb48f1ff1a50@news.povray.org>
Doug Eichenberg wrote:
>I figured most people will be using it on meshes, so I wrote a placement
>routine with that in mind... basically an add-on macro to Chris Colefaxes
>PCM macros.  I think for other uses I will leave it to the user.  The per
>triangle method I came up with seems to give the best coverage.  I tried a
>random bounding box approach, and there were just too many patchy areas.

Yes where to take samples from was my main problem aswell, too many samples
and the parse gets slow, too few...  Also figuring out how to hit every
nook and
cranny was a problem with using trace() as things could be shadowed from my
rays.  Still for baldness and such... maybe do per-vertex hairiness?
oh-well I guess I will have to wait until you release it to what it can do!