POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YAMFT : Re: YAMFT Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YAMFT
From: Kitsune e
Date: 29 Jul 2003 18:45:01
Message: <web.3f26f8888dd5ddb4789460370@news.povray.org>
Doug Eichenberg wrote:
>Yet another MayaFur test.  I have the initial placement macro working (it
>aligns properly to the surface normal vector now), and the incloination is
>working.  An inclination of 0 means each hair is fully erect (perpendicular
>to the surface), and an inclination of 1 means each hair is tangent to the
>surface.  The attachment was just one of the tests that looked kinda cool...
>looks sort of like a shag carpet bunny.
>

>--
>Douglas C. Eichenberg
>dou### [at] nlsnet
>http://www.getinfo.net/douge

Wow!  That is some very nice fur.  Have you played around with some form of
mapping for where fur should go on the critter yet?  I spent a couple of
minutes the other day making a proof of concept for the eval_pigment
method.  I could post my code if you want but its kinda messy.  Plus from
what I have read it would be faster to do with functions if you are so
inclined.

By the way nice model, dust bunny...  dusting bunny?