POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Surrealist approach - WIP ?? : Surrealist approach - WIP ?? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:09:14 EDT (-0400)
  Surrealist approach - WIP ??
From: tommy
Date: 29 Jul 2003 06:00:01
Message: <web.3f2644cb3371ae16a472d3920@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Inspired from a 30s pictures (taken by a surrealist artist) that I saw in a
periodicals (that I threw away by the way so I can't compare my work with
the real pic).

Just thought I could submit it to the ICRT competition (it is now two years
that I follow the competition without really having taken time to do
something properly - Anyway, it is not with this picture that I will get
the technical merit...  Just hoping to get a small-good ranking for the
beginning).

Check out the picture (around 50 Kb) at
http://www.webkenya.com/images/pov/antiq-head2.jpg  (sorry I can't use the
news server because of firewall)

I used radiosity to light-up the inside of the spherical hole in the wall
and area light to have smooth shadow. The head looks is may be a bit too
crandy.
But I am not really happy the way the isosurface (the hair) and the head
looks as the shadows have no contrast.

Any advice or comments are welcome !

Tommy
The 1st African citizen POV member !