POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pencils. : Re: Pencils. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:07:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pencils.
From: klk
Date: 27 Jul 2003 15:05:01
Message: <web.3f24213fc8d5f6d0bd71a8f60@news.povray.org>
Hughes, B. wrote:

>Question: Are these images taken from screenshots of alpha transparency
>renders for usage as some kind of graphics project? Or did you actually
>place a grey and white checker plane as background? I was thinking the
>circling pencils could be a fine graphic before I realized they might have
>transparent backgrounds. I was more interested in how the pencils were made,
>not the checkers.

Answer: actually, I put the checker to background while converting image to
jpeg format before posting. The original one had alpha channel, and I
thought that it's better to replace alpha channel with checker then with
some solid color (for example, gray? As for me, awfull combination.) I
planned to use this rendered image as a part of more complex work and alpha
channel was needed there.
 But you don't like transparent background... Why?
 As for the way scene was made, it's difficult for me to explain how I did
it, especially because English is not my native language and I feel a
little clumsy whie speaking or typing. But I can post sources. May be, in
povray.binary.sources? Would it be appropriate?

Yours sincerely, Alex Kluchikov.