POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chess, chess, chess : Re: Chess, chess, chess Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chess, chess, chess
From: Chris Amshey
Date: 19 Jul 2003 12:20:01
Message: <web.3f196f847c880b4561b99e900@news.povray.org>
SeeSchloss wrote:
>I'm not sure I understood what you said... did you mean to break the King
>(somewhat like on this picture) to place the Queen better, or only to remove
>some parts of the King without breaking it ?
>(I put the Queen behind the King because I still don't know how to place her
>:-)
I meant to remove some parts of the King without breaking it entirely, so
that
the Queen had a lower surface to step on. If you can see my ASCII diagram,

Original:
----\
     \------------\
                   \
                    --+
                   /
     /------------/
----/
Modified (broken, chipped... ):

----\
     \--\     /---\
         \___/     \
                    --+
                   /
----/

Okay, that's a terrible diagram, but if you remove a piece like that, the
Queen could 'step' on the lower spot, and then be 'standing' on the King
with one edge, without looking utterly silly. (Obviously, if you put only
one edge of the Queen's base on the king with a fully intact King, she'd be
at a very large angle!)

Hope that helps...

>Btw, I have not seen Harry Potter, so I can't be accused of plagiarism ;-)
Well, it has some spectacularly shattering chess pieces in it. ;)