POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Maya fur, scraggle test : Re: Maya fur, scraggle test Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Maya fur, scraggle test
From: Kitsune e
Date: 17 Jul 2003 14:05:01
Message: <web.3f16e439d495ee084e036760@news.povray.org>
Very nice hair!  I suppose you are using trace() to put the hairs on the
surface? It might be nice to be able to map the hairs to a surface based on
a pigment.  I have seen objects placed based upon the value of a pigment
before: (http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/26594/). If you are
already using trace() to get the location of the hair you could probably
just take the return vector, pass it to eval_pigment() with the color which
you wish to map the hairs to and if true put a hair there.  Of course
things are never so simple, but its an idea to play with anyway.

This project looks very promising, I have been wanting a nice versatile way
to put hair on things.  I look forward to seeing some more examples of what
it can do.