POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : PovRay on apache : PovRay on apache Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:55:38 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay on apache
From: blazek
Date: 8 Jul 2003 04:45:02
Message: <web.3f0a839eda61587057737bee0@news.povray.org>
I would like to run povray from cgi/apache/linux.
I get Segmentation fault and strace prints:

ioctl(0, TCGETS, 0xbfffe540) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

If I understan this well, it tries to read terminal information
(to use it for output format later?) but there is no terminal
when it is run on apache. Similar problems (?) were already
reported but never answerd:
http://news.povray.org/povray.programming/30970/
http://news.povray.org/povray.unix/27230/

How to go around this? How to disable ioctl() in povray, or
how to define terminal on apache. Or is it something else?

Thanks
Radim