POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : stupid bee jokes : Re: stupid bee jokes Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:35:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stupid bee jokes
From: Chris Amshey
Date: 1 Jul 2003 04:55:02
Message: <web.3f014b71af82390761b99e900@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

>Do you have Math Bees too? :)

No, we have Math 'Olympics', (or sometimes just Math Competitions...) which
are
are almost always multiple-school events at the Jr High and High School
levels.
(Grades 7-12), and have virtually no impact whatsoever on our culture.
(Spelling Bees are very much part of our culture, though I have no idea when
or where they started and most people don't think about them much, but
almost
everybody participates in them... I'm not certain, but I vaguely recall that
in
at least one school district it was pretty much required to participate...
you
had a little spelling bee in class, and the top few from each class competed
against everyone else in the school, and the top few from those ... you get
the
idea. I have an honorable mention or some such trophy for spelling in 3rd
grade
or something like that... 'course my memory isn't good enough to give any
details
at all, but hey. :) Oh, and I can still spell... watch: 'definitely',
'ridiculous', ... (not that i have any pet-peeves on misspellings of
particular words, or anything...)

Oh, and of course a Spelling Bee is the bee -casting- the spell, and the
enspelled bee is, as previously mentioned, now Bee-witched....

And the MPG is missing and I'm at the end of the thread. Grr. I'm guessing
the
nearby thread 'stupid bee jokes - conclusion' tells me where to get the
-second- half of the animation now that the first half is gone... ah, well.

--Chris