POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : traced fractals with a twist : Re: traced fractals with a twist Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: traced fractals with a twist
From: Chris Amshey
Date: 30 Jun 2003 12:05:01
Message: <web.3f005f8858b1d47861b99e900@news.povray.org>
Gergely Vandor wrote:

>I know my crack pattern is lame, so feel free to help me improve it. :)

Use a 2D Julia or Mandlebrot or suchlike mapped to the  surface; where it
exceeds
threshhold, have crack, and where it doesn't, have surface (or vice versa).
You'll probably want to use a tiny range if you use mandlebrot, but some
julias,
IIRC, have a nice thin spidery pattern in their 2D interpretation.

--Chris