POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Kaleidoscopic Tile Samples : Re: More Kaleidoscopic Tile Samples Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Kaleidoscopic Tile Samples
From: Gergely Vandor
Date: 30 Jun 2003 02:05:03
Message: <web.3effd20272c1d1dcb78e044d0@news.povray.org>
Glen Berry wrote:
>Instead of flooding this group with large tiled images, I posted a few
>samples to my web space:
>
>http://webpages.charter.net/glenweb/pov/
>
>These are a few samples of triangular, square, and hexagonal tiling
>patterns.
>
>It's easier to transfer this idea through a web page than a newsgroup,
>because I can simply use the tiles as web page backgrounds. If I post
>here, I have to send a larger image that has already been filled with
>tiles.

Beautiful work. Could you please explain what you mean by hexagonal and
triangular patterns? They both look quite similar to me. I'd also like to
see the original images or pigments you used for the effect to be able to
shamelessly steal your idea and create similar images. :) One more note: I
believe that scaling, translating, rotating or phasing the original
patterns/images would create interesting animations without too much
modification to your code.

--
Regards,
Gergely