POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : I hate to bother the beleaguered POV developers, but... : I hate to bother the beleaguered POV developers, but... Server Time
3 May 2024 19:59:07 EDT (-0400)
  I hate to bother the beleaguered POV developers, but...
From: hamburg
Date: 23 Jun 2003 22:30:01
Message: <web.3ef7b756d6f1e9b3b8af7bc0@news.povray.org>
Will there be a 64-bit optimized version of POV-Ray for the new PPC-970 (aka
G5) based Macs out there?  Is there 64-bit code for other architectures
that could be ported? It seems like you could get a fair bit of render
speed increase as POV uses high-precision math.

Heck, will there be a version which supports Jaguar even (yes, I am using
MacMegaPOV).

--Mike