POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It seemed like a good idea at the time : Re: It seemed like a good idea at the time Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It seemed like a good idea at the time
From: gonzo
Date: 23 Jun 2003 15:10:01
Message: <web.3ef74f738d60c382a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:

>I've found that using two shadowless lights, far off, both at right
>angles to each other & the direction of the main light, does the work of
>radiosity at a small fraction of the computational cost.

Thanks, I'll try that.   I started a radiosity render for the IRTC before I
left on a dive trip... came back, and after 71 hrs it was only 48%
finished, and unfortunately, I do need to use my computer for other things
occasionally.

Probably had something to do with the 655,000+ frame level objects... no
radiosity renders in about 2 hrs.

RG - it looks ok without radiosity, but the shadows are too dark, and too
much contrast overall