POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Heightfield with rounded and diagonal objects. : Re: Heightfield with rounded and diagonal objects. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heightfield with rounded and diagonal objects.
From: Rune
Date: 12 Jun 2003 17:45:01
Message: <web.3ee8f43bb3d14fcd32619ff80@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Another example of an object very similar to a height
> field which is capable of nice vertical edges.

This sure is interesting. At first when I saw it I was completely mystified
how your algorithm could make the vertical edges so perfect, since I'd
think it be roughly as difficult as creating vector graphics from bitmaps,
which is certainly not trivial. However, if (which is still not completely
clear to me) the HF take a function as base, and not a bitmap, then this is
a completely different matter, and much easier to understand. Still
impressive though.

Rune