POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : bicubic interpolation patch : Re: bicubic interpolation patch Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:55:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bicubic interpolation patch
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 11 Jun 2003 23:40:01
Message: <web.3ee7f5f8d02fbf4518ccf4f70@news.povray.org>
>  Mipmapping is a technique to avoid these moire artifacts.

NO NO NO! Not mip mapping in POVRay! Mip mapping ruins the image. Whenever I
play any of the Quake-based games, I turn it off. I think things look a lot
better without it. I'd rather have the shimmering, than the blurriness.

Now, how about including Trilinear/Tricubic interpolation for use with voxel
objects?

Rohan _e_ii