POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : MacMegaPOV and INI Files : Re: MacMegaPOV and INI Files Server Time
4 May 2024 08:05:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MacMegaPOV and INI Files
From: Ironwolf
Date: 4 Jun 2003 08:55:01
Message: <web.3eddeb2d14f9b0ba3845dede0@news.povray.org>
For details on this feature, see the POV-Ray for Linux documention:

Section 1.5.2.1: INI File Sections

and

Section 5.1.2: Using INI Files

Here is part of the latter section:

INI files may have labeled sections so that more than one set of options may
be stored in a single file. Each section begins with a label in []
brackets. For example:

  ; RES.INI
  ; This sample INI file is used to set resolution.
  +W120 +H100  ; This section has no label.
               ; Select it with "RES"
  [Low]
  +W80 +H60    ; This section has a label.
               ; Select it with "RES[Low]"
  [Med]
  +W320 +H200  ; This section has a label.
               ; Select it with "RES[Med]"
  [High]
  +W640 +H480  ; Labels are not case sensitive.
               ; "RES[high]" works
  [Really High]
  +W800 +H600  ; Labels may contain blanks

When you specify the INI file you should follow it with the section label in
brackets. For example...

  POVRAY RES[Med] +Imyfile.pov

POV-Ray reads res.ini and skips all options until it finds the label Med. It
processes options after that label until it finds another label and then it
skips. If no label is specified on the command line then only the unlabeled
area at the top of the file is read. If a label is specified, the unlabeled
area is ignored.