POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : MacMegaPOV and INI Files : Re: MacMegaPOV and INI Files Server Time
4 May 2024 08:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MacMegaPOV and INI Files
From: Ironwolf
Date: 3 Jun 2003 06:35:02
Message: <web.3edc788e14f9b0ba3c3069d00@news.povray.org>
Yvo, thanks for your response, but it doesn't quite answer my question.
According to POV-Ray docs, INI files can have more than one "section", each
(except the first) preceeded by a label in brackets, like so:

; Thumbnail
Input_File_Name=test1.pov
Output_File_Name=test1_thumbnail
Width=80
Height=60

[Quick]
Input_File_Name=test1.pov
Output_File_Name=test1_quick
Width=320
Height=240
Quality=6
Declare=pb_quick=true

[Small]
Input_File_Name=test1.pov
Output_File_Name=test1_small
Width=320
Height=240

[Final]
Input_File_Name=test1.pov
Output_File_Name=test1
Width=640
Height=480
Antialias=true

I have used the official POV-Ray release for the Mac (currently broken), the
Windows version, and the command-line version under Unix. All of them have
a way to select these other INI sections. But I prefer to use the Mac most
of the time, and as I said, the official release is currently broken under
Mac OS X. So, I discovered MacMegaPOV, which seems great. The only thing I
can't figure out how to do is to get it to pay attention to sections of an
INI file other than the first. I know I can break apart my INI files into
multiple ones, but I would prefer to use a single INI file with multiple
sections if possible. Any ideas?

Robert