POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Architecture...incubus|final : Re: Architecture...incubus|final Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:45:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architecture...incubus|final
From: Hildur K
Date: 27 May 2003 21:55:02
Message: <web.3ed41635d40512f821dac87d0@news.povray.org>

>I agree. Plus I don't see what's wrong with the lighting, it looks way better
>than most Max renders I've seen and adds a nice warm soft glow to the image.
>Maybe I'm just being hopelessly naive but I thought the lighting was one of the
>best elements of the image.
>
>--
Yeah, me too, I thought the lighting was just perfect. And my first thought
was: Was this really rendered in Max! Wow!

find any serious flaw in it. Maybe a little lifeless, but then again: The
topic is on architecture and architecture is lifeless by design. If you
look at the architectural elements in this image they look quite natural,
everything is in the right place, the proportions look right, the furniture
looks right, the rug on the floor looks like it belongs there. The
atmosphere is a little empty and impersonal but that is really the hole
idea of modern design, it is supposed to be empty and impersonal. In a
way this image really describes the very spirit of modern architecture,
like it or not.