POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : interpolate_mesh2 revision one : Re: interpolate_mesh2 revision one Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interpolate_mesh2 revision one
From: Kitsune e
Date: 13 May 2003 18:50:08
Message: <web.3ec17526f90ffdef9e46361d0@news.povray.org>
Hugo Asm wrote:
>> The problems adressed to MegaPOV team should be discussed in
>> povray.unofficial.patches as stated in introduction to MegaPOV 1.0
>> manual :-)
>
>Good grief I need to do my homework!
>I just moved my reply to advanced-users.. Is that good or bad?

 I have no idea anymore, I think I will stick to images animations and
scenefiles, let the programmers take care of their own buisness.

ABX thankyou for all your comments!  I am honored to have you take interest
in this small issue.  I understand why you would not wish to add more work
to the parse.cpp file.  I would not ask this of you, I would instead
preffer that we who use the SDL be given more versitile methods for reading
in arbitrary data files.  No parsing need be done by the povray engine,
just increased access to stdio.h file read write abilities. a direct
pipeline from the strings returned by fgetc, fgets, etc to the user.  surely
passing strings back and forth between C and Povray can't be too difficult?

I don't think you should bother with this though, I think I will try to
setup some extended read/write for Povray, and then send you a patch.  If it
is good you could include it in MegaPov, and either way I will have the
functionality I need.  I'll hate to have to mess around in C++ though, I
have never like C...