POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Extending #read, another option... : Re: Extending #read, another option... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extending #read, another option...
From: Kitsune e
Date: 13 May 2003 18:35:07
Message: <web.3ec172332a3b3a279e46361d0@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>In article <web.3ec109ee2a3b3a27f73ed81b0[at]news.povray.org> , "Kitsune_e"
><kit### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
>This is no different from, say, being a car mechanic.  Sure you (not "you"
>personally, this is in the general sense of "you") know something about
>cars; and you can even detect if something like the exhaust is broken.  But
>would you go to your car mechanic and tell him what to fix and how to fix
>it, maybe bring a new exhaust with you already even you don't know anything
>about the old one?  Unlikely, and if you did, what do you think he would
>say?  Or if you wanted to add a spoiler, would you discuss with the car
>mechanic how to add it, or tell him you saw the same spoiler on another car
>model, and ask him _why_ that one doesn't fit your car?  I suppose no
>because you know by doing so you would most likely make a fool out of
>yourself.
>
>And this is essentially what you did with your question.  You said: Here is
>a spoiler, why can't one mount it on this car if it fits so well on another?
>Just like owning a car doesn't make you a car mechanic, owning a computer
>doesn't make you a computer scientist.  That is not elitist.  It is reality.
>
>    Thorsten

Thankyou,
this response is a much better answer then the unqualified "_no_" which I
recieved before.  I do understand why my comment recieved such negitive
intelligent discussion of the possability then a features request.  It
appears though that no one is currently open to or interested in discussing
this possability.

It is true that it would be arrogant to suggest in ignorance to the mechanic
how to do his or her job.  this stupid topic is taking up to much of my
time and yours.  The things done so far in Povray are amazing, and I am
certain greater things are planned in the future.  I would appreciate it if
no one else would reply to this post, and would continue on instead with
more important matters.