POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Extending #read, another option... : Re: Extending #read, another option... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:44:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extending #read, another option...
From: Kitsune e
Date: 13 May 2003 11:10:10
Message: <web.3ec109ee2a3b3a27f73ed81b0@news.povray.org>
Kitsune_e wrote:

Well, I attemted to give an intelligent sugestion instead of the "Please add
feature" I was ment to request, and I have been stoned and humiliated by
people whom I respected.  I don't think my request was foolish, I do think
it was rediculesly difficult to impliment.  Of course so would be creating
a raytracing render engine which could successfuly re-create real world
phenomena...

I knew this idea would most likely be met by opposition, I just wish more of
the comments I had recieved had been useful feedback instead of flame.  I
found here an elitist attitude I had not expected to find in the Povray
community.  I will not be asking any more questions on this forum... your
sanctum is safe.  Please go on about your buisness.  You select few have
given many powerful features to Povray.  I have no doubts that you could
extend the Povray engine.