POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : rules violations in 'architecture' round : Re: rules violations in 'architecture' round Server Time
29 Jun 2024 08:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rules violations in 'architecture' round
From: gonzo
Date: 6 May 2003 17:10:05
Message: <web.3eb82362cf1d146aa0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>On Thu, 01 May 2003 21:51:13 +0200
>Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>
>> * 3dcomwat.jpg - I am not sure about this.  It's an impressive
>> picture, the text says:
>
>  For what I can see on the image, the persons do not seem added over
>the rendered image, but used as thin figures on the scene. This is a
>technique used widely on architecture renders. Look at the shadows and
>the borders of the figures, they are perfectly integrated. Even the
>reflection is right on terms of perspective!

That seems to be the case for the foreground figures, but the plants in the
middle of the image neither cast or receive shadows.  The bushes in the
middle right should clearly be in the shadow of the building, yet the
lighting is exactly the same as the bushes further to the left in bright
sunlight. (and they look like the same bushes for that matter...)

A good reason why one should put more info in the textfile.

RG