POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Entries which should be removed from competition : Re: Entries which should be removed from competition Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:37:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Entries which should be removed from competition
From: gonzo
Date: 5 May 2003 17:25:04
Message: <web.3eb6d43252c02ef8a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Copper Pin wrote:
>My last words on the subject are a) Morally, promoting tobacco products is
>wrong and

I'm having a difficult time with this use of the word "promoting". I
don't see this as in any way promoting a tobacco product, it's simply
acknowledging the existence of such promotions historically.  You appear to
be saying that morally we should all pretend tobacco doesn't, and has never
existed.

However, your own moral standards are just that, your own, and not only do I
firmly support your right to believe as you want to believe, but I commend
you
for having the conviction to publicly say so. That in itself seems to often
be
considered morally wrong nowadays. :-{

b) Legally, it could cause trouble for the IRTC.
(Insert usual "I'm not an attorney" disclaimer here.) I seriously doubt that
anyone could make a legal case out of a barely legible image_map of a 70
year old advertisement for a brand that's been out of business for 50
years.

RG