POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Entries which should be removed from competition : Re: Entries which should be removed from competition Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:34:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Entries which should be removed from competition
From: Copper Pin
Date: 5 May 2003 16:30:10
Message: <web.3eb6c83d52c02ef8e80df2df0@news.povray.org>
We'll just have to agree to disagree.  You can make a scene depicting
anything you want, but that doesn't mean it's always right to do so.  In
some situations the artist should exercise some discretion.  It's one thing
if the artist wants to show this work on his own web gallery, but some good
judgment should be taken into account before entering it into a public
forum like the IRTC where it's presence could negatively impact others.

My last words on the subject are a) Morally, promoting tobacco products is
wrong and b) Legally, it could cause trouble for the IRTC.