POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Entries which should be removed from competition : Re: Entries which should be removed from competition Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Entries which should be removed from competition
From: Copper Pin
Date: 5 May 2003 10:45:10
Message: <web.3eb676f852c02ef8eee41bae0@news.povray.org>
I agree, it is ridiculous to sanitize history.  I thought things went
overboard when I heard they airbrushed out the cigarette from Paul
McCartney's hand in the "Abbey Road" album cover photo.  But the difference
in this case is that this is *not* a period photo.  It's a modern work, and
as such, it's bound to modern sensibilities, conventions, and laws.