POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Bias? : Re: Bias? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:39:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bias?
From: The Mad Hatter
Date: 4 May 2003 17:00:24
Message: <web.3eb57ee5b66539149a800f080@news.povray.org>
Slashdolt wrote:
>http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2000-08-31/litpdise.jpg
>
>Actually, the picture is better than I remember, and he didn't win, he
>simply got an honorable mention for technical merit.  I guess that all makes
>sense.
>
>Slash

I am quite familiar with the thread & message forum mentioned.  And yes,
there have been quite a few other non-pov entries which have pulled off the
first place.  As for human bias, I agree there is some in the contest.  But
one thing that's worse, imho, is those voters who only take a 5 to 10
second max look at each image before entering their vote then rushing
along.
I like to sit back and take a good look, seeing items that the artist spent
time on but are harder to see at first glance, etc.