POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media Wheel : Re: Media Wheel Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:50:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Wheel
From: Kitsune e
Date: 2 May 2003 10:35:06
Message: <web.3eb281e874c2221f592a91630@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
>Probably could arrange it in a prettier way...

Very nice!

It is supposed to be like the color wheel right?  maybe the map key should
use RGB instead of RG and White then.  Just to make the image nicer, maybe
the media should be colored too.

So does the combination of attributes dettermine the values of a slice?
Like RRG is two thirds absorption, and one third scattering.  If so don't
you need one more value to compliet the chart... zero!  You are counting
from one to three, but there is no point where there is no media.  going
back to the color wheel analogy in the color wheel tone values are usualy
shown as black in the center, and white toward the rim of the wheel.

I think this wheel is the best discription I have ever seen on the different
types of media.  I look forward to seeing how you finish it.