POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Noob Help Request (WIP Wine V0.02) : Re: Noob Help Request (WIP Wine V0.02) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:45:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noob Help Request (WIP Wine V0.02)
From: Kitsune e
Date: 29 Apr 2003 14:15:05
Message: <web.3eaec0cb5032ae199a89ca810@news.povray.org>
Sun Tzu wrote:
>I'm trying to get a colored
>shadow cast by the wine in the glass.  So far I haven't been able to get anything but
>a gray shadow.
>
>I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions anyone might have, either related to the
>problem mentioned above or just general comments and ideas.  To give a better idea of
>Thanks.

This is just a quick reply, I haven't tested anything yet, But have you
tried just using faked caustics?

interior{
    caustics (some number between zero and one)
}

this should create a  colored area in the shadow of your wine.  Lower
non-zero values give broader hotspots, while closer to one gives sharp
highlights.