POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Blank Canvas : Re: Old Technology...Blank Canvas Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:36:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Blank Canvas
From: gonzo
Date: 24 Apr 2003 15:45:14
Message: <web.3ea83e1ae5b20e29a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Renderdog wrote:
>Nice composition and concept, and the moss-covered stone walls look
>great. For some reason the water in the foreground didn't look natural
>to me, but once I got past that I really came to appreciate the "painted"
>look of this image. The view through the window was a nice touch.
>
>There are a lot of isosurfaces in this image, including the trees and
>even the grass, so a large print of this image would probably look great.

This is an impressive image.  I thought all the objects look good, my only
complaint is that it's a little too green. More variation in the colors,
particularly on the stone wall would be good.

Technically, I am in awe of all those isosurfaces! I've played with them
only enough to know that I have yet to come up with anything usable :-(
One thing I've noticed in my experimentation is that they can take a long
time to render, so I'm particularly impressed that with so many isosurfaces
in the scene the render time is still so short. Going to have to study his
code when I get some time :-)

I like the concept too, painting -> ray-tracing was a nice take on the
topic.

RG