POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Bluebird V : Old Technology...Bluebird V Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:08:27 EDT (-0400)
  Old Technology...Bluebird V
From: Renderdog
Date: 21 Apr 2003 10:50:12
Message: <web.3ea4039d2e3b3130f58667690@news.povray.org>
Some great work here, especially the background. The pier, waves and sand
are all perfect, and anyone who's been to Daytona would recognize the tire
tracks in the sand as very accurate, a nice touch.

The aged photo look is very well done, and important to stress the old
technology aspect of the image, as many people wouldn't recognize just
how old the Bluebird is. It was a lot of work to create the sepia colors
within the rules of the IRTC, and it was nice to read the description of
the process and see the color images. Personally I think the rule is
very limiting and would be glad to see it go, but I think I'm probably
in the minority there.

I feel the Bluebird itself could have used a few more details, or some
additional textures that might make it look more real, to place it in
the setting more solidly. One comment complained that the vehicle wasn't
to scale, but it looks good to me.