POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Character skinned : Re: Character skinned Server Time
13 Aug 2024 08:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Character skinned
From: Kitsune e
Date: 18 Apr 2003 14:30:04
Message: <web.3ea043128d5f3621fb3f5fc60@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
>"Kitsune_e" <kit### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>>
>> I wish I had a more reliable way to paint with Povray's textures,
>>

>Consider the object pattern, seen at:
>http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/30955/

This is exactly what I was thinking of as a good solution!  But then I would
need some data structure that I could get at in povray so that I wouldn't
need to hard code every translation.  Hopefully though the subject is moot,
I went back to wings3d.com and checked out all the forums and have found
some interesting matterial on how to better use autoUV.  It is much more
powerful then I first thought... much like the rest of wings.  Also I think
I have worked out some of the bugs in using a uv map as a image_pattern to
create a texture_map to use Povray textures on a model.  It seems that the
gimp alters color data when it saves in certain formats, and blur does some
wierd things too.  Luckily though for my method all you need is good old
PSP 3.11

thaks for all the suggestions, I will certainly try some of them!