POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Steam : Old Technology...Steam Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:42:05 EDT (-0400)
  Old Technology...Steam
From: Renderdog
Date: 18 Apr 2003 08:05:03
Message: <web.3e9fe889130414f77ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
This stark, monochromatic image makes a strong impact. The steam engine,
nose down at the end of the line, shows an abandoned technology left to
rust, yet the rear wheels are still precariously balanced in the air.
Excellent composition.

The setting is great, particularly the small birds, the curved rails, and
the tall grass. Very natural.

The train itself is simple, probably on purpose, but it does seem to be a
collection of parts that don't quite come together, possibly to illustrate
the fact that it is, indeed, falling apart. I could suggest more variation
in the textures, but I don't think that was the artist's intent. The ground
where the rail curves down could use a little depression/mound to show how
the rail has been buried.