POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone : Re: Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:50:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone
From: Renderdog
Date: 17 Apr 2003 09:50:04
Message: <web.3e9eb022652a19cb7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
>I will accept that Mael's entry was equivalent modeling wise with those
>three entries, but where are Mael's technical merit points for making
>his image clear and distinct, something the other three failed to do?
>Mael had at the bare minimum equal modeling technique to the others and
>in addition had superior textures and lighting.

I'm not sure the use of HDR lighting merits a high technical score. Not to
take anything away from this image, which is very good, but it's basically
a single model with a few textures. It looks great, no doubt, but lighting
a single model is easier than lighting a full environment; I'm sure most
judges rate images according to their degree of difficulty.