POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC participation shrinking? : Re: IRTC participation shrinking? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 22:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC participation shrinking?
From: Renderdog
Date: 16 Apr 2003 10:05:11
Message: <web.3e9d62a6de75e32a7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
>The reason that I will submit the picture (if I do) is that I want others to
>do the same. I spend a lot of my time looking for things that are good. Good
>movies, good books, good art, etc., and I find so few. Every picture which I
>have not yet seen has the potential to be another of my very favorite
>things. Besides, there is always the potential (however small) that someone
>will see my picture who feels the same way that I do about it.

I hope you do submit it. One of the reasons I wanted to discuss images
beyond the top 10 is because those images are often some of the best. The
IRTC is voted on by many people using a lot of different criteria, and the
results are an average, and not necessarily a good one at that. There are a
lot of images to judge, and most people don't have a lot of time. I find,
looking back and reading comments, that I often didn't properly appreciate
many entries.

As an artist, it's great to find that others "get" your work, and the IRTC
often fails at that. Probably all art contests are like that, though. I'd
hoped that further discussion of the works might bring some of that out.