POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Molino : Re: Old Technology...Molino Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:44:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Molino
From: gonzo
Date: 14 Apr 2003 15:30:19
Message: <web.3e9b0bc83f0efdaaa0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Renderdog wrote:
>A deceptively complex image, with a lot of great photorealistic elements.
>The ground leading down to the water is spectacular, incredibly real. The
>roof, windows, cart, and trees are all excellent.

Yes, this one shows a mastery of several different techniques, and a good
eye for how to combine them. My top pick of the waterwheel entries.

>The overall lighting is washed out; higher contrast (and maybe a sharper
>sunlight angle) and a larger image would better show off the wonderful
>details.

I wouldn't say "washed out" exactly, but perhaps a little flat. The same
reason photographers are taught to shoot in mornings and late
afternoons/evenings; to let the warmer colors & longer shadows provide some
depth.  I think just lowering the sun angle slightly and giving the light a
slightly reddish hue would add a lot.

>The water (both still and falling) is very good. The ripples might be scaled
>too large, but it makes for a nice reflection.

The water was one of the best parts.

The walls of the building
>are a bit plain and, as one of the commenter's mentioned, the corners are
>lost.
>
>Overall a nice, peaceful feel to it; a lazy summer day.

Feels like I should be sitting on the bank with my toes in the water baiting
a fish hook!

RG