POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...The Sewing Machine : Re: Old Technology...The Sewing Machine Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:38:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...The Sewing Machine
From: gonzo
Date: 8 Apr 2003 15:25:11
Message: <web.3e932134c774c42ea0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Renderdog wrote:
>A fine image with a lot of great modeling and a tremendous number of
>objects. The sewing machine itself is excellent, both modeling and
>textures. The chair and the handtowel are also great.

I liked this one alot, especially the sewing machine & it's stand which was
faithfully modelled to the real thing (looks exactly like I remember my
mother's when I was a kid).

>The image is a bit soft, and some of the objects seem to float over the
>floor or walls. Brighter sunlight and more light sources to simulate
>reflected light would help.

I agree it could use brighter sunlight.  The interior lighting could maybe
use lights to provide more detail & contrast, but I think more variation in
color would help accomplish the same thing with out making it too bright.
Overall I like the light level, and I think the softness you mention is
more due colors that don't separate objects & backgrounds.

>It's great to see so much depth, looking all the way through to the street.

Yes, it really adds to the realism to see the world outside.