POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...The Right Stuff : Old Technology...The Right Stuff Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:04:17 EDT (-0400)
  Old Technology...The Right Stuff
From: Renderdog
Date: 3 Apr 2003 09:35:06
Message: <web.3e8c4574a28f2bac7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
Shocked, shocked I am this image didn't rank higher in the voting! This was
one of my top picks, with a great concept and execution, and a fun image to
boot.

The image is a bit grainy, but it captured the underwater "atmosphere" well,
and the posing of the characters is excellent. The bubbles are also
excellent.

The image might benefit from the architectural field camera perspective, as
the outside characters are leaning in a bit, but I don't think it would
make a big difference.

Jeremy also included a puzzle, asking which of the suits was badly
engineered. I guessed Mr. Carmagnolle, the guy on the left. All that
armour...