POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Repair Hanger : Re: Old Technology...Repair Hanger Server Time
14 Jun 2024 16:44:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Repair Hanger
From: Renderdog
Date: 2 Apr 2003 10:20:05
Message: <web.3e8afd383563f64d7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
Slashdolt wrote:
>The camera-tilt works well, imo.  Most of the chains are falling straight
>down in the image, which puts the focus more on the plane.  A straight view
>may have also made the hangar look more "bowed" on the sides, due to the
>wide angle shot.

Perspectives with a wide field of view can be altered to reduce bowing in an
image. Doctor John posted an Architectural Field Camera macro a few months
ago which does a great job of producing a two-point perspective (objects
get smaller in the distance, and right-left, but not vertically). This
keeps the tops of buildings from bowing in and still looks very natural.
Since images are framed in a rectangle our eye can find the perfectly
natural bowing to be "wrong."

For my image of Venice I take this one step further, using a one-point
perspective, where objects only get smaller in the distance. Of course,
things can get a little weird as objects away from the center are larger
than they would naturally appear.