POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Bathroom 1960 - Is electric shaving the future? : Re: Old Technology...Bathroom 1960 - Is electric shaving the future? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Bathroom 1960 - Is electric shaving the future?
From: gonzo
Date: 1 Apr 2003 15:45:08
Message: <web.3e89fa0958229289a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Renderdog wrote:
>An amazing image! I think it perfectly captures a bathroom
>from the 60's.

Very nice image. Not sure about the 60s look, since I grew up in a house
that was already ancient by then. My remembrance of 60s bathrooms is
probably actually based on 30s-40s bathrooms :-/

>Obviously excellent lighting. Very good use of color also,
>a common strength among the images we've discussed so far.

Yes, the lighting makes the image. The radiosity is perfectly done, and
makes excellent use of the mirror.

>It's a little blurry, but not unlike how I find my bathroom
>in the early morning :-).

Only a little blurry?  My bathroom is nothing but blobs of light & shadow
until after the first cup of coffee ;-) (And a good reason for using the
electric razor!)

RG