POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...At Lexxaco's : Re: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's
From: gonzo
Date: 28 Mar 2003 15:40:06
Message: <web.3e84b2e177d5d5c1a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
lexx wrote:
>hi and first of all thank you for your votes.
Thank you! Great image!

>It was a hard decision to put that scene at night and you're right, there
>must be a gradient at the sky . let me say, I just forgot it.

I liked the sky, and the fact that I could make out the constellations. To
me that kind of detail in the background really gave it depth.  A gradient
would add some realism to the coloring but could also hide some of that
detail.

Decisions, decisions, decisions... go for photorealistic perfection, or for
a certain artistic look or feel...

RG