POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...At Lexxaco's : Old Technology...At Lexxaco's Server Time
15 Jun 2024 04:53:30 EDT (-0400)
  Old Technology...At Lexxaco's
From: Renderdog
Date: 28 Mar 2003 02:50:19
Message: <web.3e83fe29ce400dddcd8c2c4b0@news.povray.org>
A great entry, this image shows a lot of hard work. I wish the image was
larger to show more of the details and hand painted textures.

The car is excellent, well modelled and textured. The hydrant and pumps look
a little like plastic, but that might be the look of paint in low light.
The lighting is excellent; even the lightbulbs have detail in them, but
they probably should glow more? A lot of nice touches on the ground.

I looked for a gradient in the sky, but maybe those are overused. I also
would have liked to see the road and powerlines go to the horizon, instead
of blocked by a wall.

Cinema 4D has a lot of great anti-aliasing and sharpening tools; a lot of
Cinema 4D images have this crisp, sharp look. I don't think POV-Ray would
have done as well on the powerlines; but maybe the credit should go to the
artist and not the tool!

The guy behind the wheel is a bit comical, with his bright eyes and big
smile. Very well done.

Why is it "Lexxaco" and not "Texaco?"