POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: [WIP?] Orbital Welcome Party ;-) (62kb) - orbital_povnews.jpg [0/2] : Re: [WIP?] Orbital Welcome Party ;-) (62kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP?] Orbital Welcome Party ;-) (62kb)
From: Renderdog
Date: 14 Mar 2003 11:50:05
Message: <web.3e72074c22fa0fae7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
Lutz-Peter Hooge wrote:
>Hm, according to my logs, the large version was viewed over 70
>times, but no comment. Is there something wrong with the image?
>Of course negative criticism is also welcome!

Nice image, I like the painted earth, the spacecraft, and the overall
layout.

It's remarkable how many people just look and never comment. Here are some
suggestions, FWIW:

The beam seems a little too solid, maybe try media.
The explosion is pretty, but maybe a little too symetrical and elongated.
The stars are a little dim.
Maybe a bit more fade at the planet's atmosphere edge.
The red rectangles on the spacecraft look a little too saturated, and the
angled torus shapes seem oddly shaded, lit on both sides.
What is the vertical venting from the center of the spacecraft? Maybe you
could add particles like that shooting out from the explosion.
I can't tell which direction the spacecraft are going, maybe thrusters or
more clearly defined head and tail, or something to hint at thier
direction?