POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Booster test (245k mpeg 1) : Re: Booster test (245k mpeg 1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Booster test (245k mpeg 1)
From: Renderdog
Date: 12 Mar 2003 09:30:05
Message: <web.3e6f433a6a92b86c7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
Awesome! Even better than the still, which is a rare feat. The thruster
fades look really good. Sounds like you did a good amount of work on the
inverse kinematic thruster logic, and it works well in this short clip.

I notice the white circle-windows have a different finish and seem to light
up a bit more than the surface, which is a nice effect, but they're dark
when not lit.

Do you have an idea of how this vehicle will be used in an IRTC entry? It
would be nice to see it in a three dimensional environment, such as a city
or a huge space station, so we can see it manuever around obstacles and
show interesting lighting effects.

A rather sad thought/idea: the craft approaches and lands in an alien city
with buildings like beautiful flowers, which wither and brown as the
nuclear thrusters brush them. I'm sure that would only take a year or two
to render!