POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Old Technolgy II : Re: WIP Old Technolgy II Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Old Technolgy II
From: Renderdog
Date: 25 Feb 2003 17:45:06
Message: <web.3e5bf0d72dfdb2f47ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
James Taylor wrote:

>Does this look any better (but don't scruntinise the hieght field too much).
>The sky was made with terragen.

I think it looks great, but I'm not familiar with how the stones represent
an old technology. It looks something like an image from Pink Floyd's "Wish
You Were Here." The green water stains ground the stones better, and I
think the distant trees and interesting sky give it a very nice atmosphere.

I think the smooth water is fine, and I like the small leaves in the water.
Is that a fish I see? I certainly hope you submit a larger image to the
IRTC, as the details aren't very clear here.

The stones themselves are a bit monochromatic, but they do have a lot of
nice texture, so that may not be a problem. The stains look a little smooth
and monochromatic as well; you might try varying them a bit or even adding
a second, shorter, darker gradient layer just at the waterline.

Good luck with the competition!

-Mark