POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rocks : Re: Rocks Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:30:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rocks
From: Renderdog
Date: 12 Feb 2003 00:50:02
Message: <web.3e49df1dd1bb0c62a57c5980@news.povray.org>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

>I've been trying to replicate the rock towers in the winning entry of the
>spectacular landscapes round of the IRTC using isosurfaces. I've only had
>limited sucess though.

I like your image better than the IRTC winning entry. The butterflys add
some nice character/action (Warm Up II?). The distance mountains and the
(great) sky remind me of a Star Trek TOS matte painting. This image would
make a great high resolution print.

I was surprised "Midday in Rock Valley" won that round. I thought several of
the other entries were better, but I guess that's not unusual. I often like
another image better than the winner, sometimes one not even in the top
six. I thought Marc Jacquier's Fragile spectacular landscape was awesome.

Midday's creator, Golden Grifon, won a 3DLuvr contest recently as well, at
http://contest.3dluvr.com/

-Mark