POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : US Brig Niagara WIP : Re: US Brig Niagara WIP Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: US Brig Niagara WIP
From: Abe
Date: 30 Jan 2003 21:00:06
Message: <web.3e39d7ea9f57b1a9a69d1da0@news.povray.org>
Tim McMurdo wrote:
>Well, here is another update for you. I have been working on the carronades
>and rigging. As always, I value your comments and criticism.
>
>Tim

I haven't sailed for about seven years now, so I'm a bit
rusty...

Regarding your image: it's really comming along, and the lines especially
look quite good. I can only assume that you've worked on the pin rails
(which look really good) before putting in the working lines (otherwise
your missing a bunch of halyards, buntlines, clewlines , etc.) Though one
thing on the pin rails and the coils: I'm looking for different sized lines
and different sized coils (i.e. with the course set, clewlines should be
all the way out and sheets in - more or less). Also, I don't see where the
bars for the capstan are stowed.

Depending on where you want to take the image, there is probaly alot you
could do as far as scuff marks, rust, etc.

Besides that (for the moment), I think you building up a great model!

Abe

P.S. I don't want to see you post another rendering of this ship around here
until you secure that block I see hanging under the mainsail. Waddaya wanna
do - knock sombody out?