POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animated mesh texturing problems... : Re: Animated mesh texturing problems... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated mesh texturing problems...
From: dwmitch
Date: 26 Jan 2003 23:25:02
Message: <web.3e34b3c1cddbf724a7d0406a0@news.povray.org>
That's it! You're a genius! The way the export script works is by producing
a scene file, an INI file, and a whole crapload of include files
(Modeluvco, Modeltext_list, mainFilenamelamp(or lamps<frame number>), etc.)

I found out that the texture list file references the UV coordinates and
indices to make the texture. I just need to change the texture using the UV
data to a declare and include it in a texture map. Now I can have robots
with "skin" peeling off, objects with chunks broke off of them, and glowing
orbs partially concealed by rock and have it animate without the holes
getting bigger and changing shape!